Monday, November 01, 2004

FOX DEN ANTIQUES:Arts and Crafts Day (#3)


Here is space #25 near the front door of Fox Den Antiques.Tom, the guy who had spaces on either side of me had some amazing things he had purchased at estate sales. Posted by Hello

Tom, the gentleman who basically surrounded me on both sides, turned out to be a very interesting chap with a hobby of hitting estate sales and buying anything that he liked for a $1 and usually ending up with more than he bargained for.

Tom had a great number of prints from modern certified fine art prints by quasi well known artists to Currier and Ives reproductions , Mort Kuntsler(the civil war painter) and even a print of Winslow Homer’s. Tom had so much in fact that he hadn’t even had a chance to look through it and price it. What was really interesting about Tom was watching him work.. he is a master sales man and hardly anyone who walked by didn’t get his full attention and didn’t leave with out buying something. He was fun to talk with too. All in all the day went pretty fast.

I would say it was a better than average day. I enjoyed meeting so many people and probably gave away about 40 business cards. Lori liked my work so much that she invited me to have her hang it in her booth. I agreed and left 17 pieces with her and will bring a few more reproductions on Tuesday I hope.

I guess the biggest surprise of the day was at the very end when I was getting ready to leave and all my display things were packed up. Tom gave me the table I had been praying for. Sure it’s a little wobbly, but that’s no problem I can fix it. Now I have a place to write and a place to cut out my sewing projects. All I have to do is clean out the office so it will fit. Thanks Tom. ( and thanks God for getting that one to me so quickly*grin*)

No comments: