Saturday, April 20, 2013

Help me name this project, please!

Ok, I need your help. I need name suggestions for one of the projects that I am working on. I'm trying to come up with a name that will brand  the project. 

Watercolor Pet Portraits
starting at $35.00 each
info@llmartin.com
Here is the purpose of the project:

My idea is that this project will provide and train people to provide, special services for the elderly, disabled and terminally ill, to help them keep their pets at home when they can no longer look after them, will foster their pets to be available for visits while the client is in a nursing home or in long term rehab after illness or operations, and will act to help place the animal upon the death of the client.

This is a really important service because almost every agency available to people cannot provide basic care for companion and service animals. Families usually are not equipped  to take on pets of family members  leaving the pet owners with additional worry and stress at a time when they need their companion animals the most.
 
 

Once the program is in place persons trained in this as volunteers or micro businesses will also be an additional source of contact for those needing the service.

 

Services that can be provided from those certified through the program:
Vet visits
Grooming
Nursing home and hospital visits
Basic care and feeding in home
Daily walks

Also  training in how to assess if special funding for basic care, feeding and annual shots is needed and setting up provider sources for that.

I would love to hear your ideas on what we can name this project.
I'm working on a basic Curriculum out line now. Once we get approval for the program and its budget,  We will begin fund raising. If you have any ideas  on that I would love to hear from you as well. Post here or email me through info@llmartin.com with your ideas.

3 comments:

MYSAVIOR said...

About 2 to 3 years ago I "adopted" a cat named Sweetie because her "mommy" had to go into a nursing home. At first Sweetie grieved and would not eat. I brought her to the Vet. She was not doing well. I had to force feed her which I did for a couple of weeks and thankfully she decided on her own to eat. I am in touch with her first "mommy" and I send her pictures.

I am not good with creating titles, etc. but perhaps you can incorporate the fact that these people who have to give up their beloved pets would love to know that they have found a loving home and they miss them very much.
I am 67, not in great health and have a doggie who is 15 years old and requires special attention. I worry about him if he outlives me.
♥♥♥
Sue

Linda Martin said...

Dear Sue,
This is exactly why I think something like this is needed. You have a great heart of Compassion for both people and animals. Thank you for sharing your story.

May I use it in one of my posts?

MYSAVIOR said...

ABSOLUTELY!