Friday, June 18, 2004

Nude Debate Part 5: The New Direction

So now I have purpose to what I attempt.
The will of God you seek with all your heart. Sometimes the voice you hear is your own, your parents, your friends, your pastor, your mentor, your teacher…your patron… but until you seek to know the voice of God and recognize it for yourself you cannot begin to understand where are you have been much less the direction you are going. You cheat yourself in not seeking it diligently because when you listen to other voices and not his, sometimes they impose their own fears, prejudices and attitudes on you. Yes, draw from the wisdom of others who have gone through what you have just begun, draw from wiser people than you, but don’t let their wisdom and experiences stop you from hearing how God has chosen your path and your purpose.

I know now that I must do what ever is necessary to accomplish the will of God in my life. No matter how my Christian Brothers and Sisters may protest, punish or criticize me. And for those who look at my work and assume something not intended or some other debauchery of the Saintly Life style… Well it is my opportunity and responsibility to set them straight.

If they refuse to listen and try instead to create chaos in my life through disharmony and strife.. then I will "wipe the dust off my feet" and move to a place where the Vision God has given me is celebrated. Even if this means sacrificing my own security and comfort.

And why? Because the Will of God in my life is more important than what people think of me for trying to do it. It is what I like to call the Rahab(aka Rachab) Factor. God Can and Will use anyone who puts their trust him no matter who they are or what they have done.

Her story is in the book of Joshua in the Bible. Rahab was Boaz’s mother. Boaz married Ruth; Their son was Jesse the Father of the Great King of Israel, David.. the ancestor of Joseph and Mary; the earthly father and mother of Christ our Lord. Way kewl huh.!!! Oh did I mention that Rahab’s first career was prostitute?


I guess everyone is curious as to what direction my art is taking. That too shall be revealed soon. But I must work on my skills first. Do my figures and learn the technical skills I need to accomplish it first.



No comments: