Saturday, February 13, 2010

"Harry" Pet Portrait and Illustration for Use-rfriendly Painting Information

I was trying to come up with a way to help my Etsy Stores to be both entertaining and user-friendly while explaining the process of making a pet portrait in simple terms. I painted this little 5” by 7 “ watercolor quick study of “Harry” to use as an illustration of the three step process I use to paint pet portraits. “ Harry” is from a reference photo I had laying around for another project.

Basically, I cropped the photo of “Harry”, then transferred the cartoon image to watercolor paper and scanned it. Then I painted the painting and scanned that. 1. 2. 3.   From the user provided photography to cartoon layout to painting.

With a brief description I explain each step of the process in synopsis form then laid it out and saved it in jpg format to up load into my photo’s in my Etsy Stores. The idea is to make information easier to find. I hope I accomplished that with these.  ( click on the  picture to see it in more detail)


You can see how the whole thing goes to gether with other 
jpgs of samples and information in my LMartinPetPortraits on Etsy. I'm in the process now of updating them.

No comments: